Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My New Niece (Sort Of) and A Special Delivery

That, my friends, is my new niece (sort of). Introducing Maggie Cannada, my sister and her husband's new puppy. She is a Boykin Spaniel and this picture makes me want to hop in my car and drive straight to Birmingham to kidnap the precious thing!!! Don't you want to go with me? She is the daughter of "Homeless the Dog" who has appeared on numerous TV shows and is known as the "laziest man in America's best friend". He can fetch just about anything that his owner asks for. Beer, coats, firewood...you name it, he can probably run and grab it for you. Cathy and Baker got to witness Homeless fetch a drink for the owner when they went to get Maggie this weekend. Jealous.

This is what I found at my front door last night when I got home. I absolutely LOVE getting mail, so you can imagine my joy when I received not just mail, but a PACKAGE!!! I was ripping into that thing like a kid at Christmas! My sweet, sweet friend Libby sent me all kinds of great stuff!! I got a Max Lucado book, Traveling Light, a devotional book, Russell Stover chocolates, awesome smelling and relaxing lotion and candle, a cute OPI nail polish and some note cards. She knew just what all I needed to cheer me up! Thank you so much, Libs! You're the best! It really made my day, and probably my week! I wish I was the kind of friend that was thoughtful enough to do this kind of thing. Not that I don't love my friends, but this is above and beyond. I'm going to try to be more like this!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and that everyone receivies something that brings them joy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! I am so glad that you got it and that it brightened your day! Sorry I missed you last night but we will talk soon! Love you!